This course will set the foundations for your career in journalism, studying a set of core modules before undertaking training and work experience to help build specialist skills. Modules range from public affairs and ethics to learning about essential media law and developing your shorthand skills.
For candidates interested in developing specialist skills as news reporters, you’ll have the opportunity to build a significant portfolio of work and get hands-on reporting experience through a weekly work placement.
All our courses are accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ).
If you have a passion for news and good communication skills this course could be for you.
Who the course is for
- Anyone interested in starting a career in journalism
- Recent college or university leavers
We also work with companies who wish to invest in their teams to improve their journalism skills.
- Develop the skills for good storytelling
- Understand the code that guides journalists
- Learn the basics of media law and court reporting
- Learn the skills for creating excellent digital content
- Improve understanding of public affairs
- Learn how to write up to 100 words a minute
Once you have completed this course you’ll be ready for the world of journalism. We’ll support you with finding a job and you’ll be able to join our alumni network to build connections with other PA Training graduates.
Why choose PA Training
We provide the best start to your career with our industry-leading journalism training. Training with the UK and Ireland’s national press agency means that you’ll be treated like a journalist from day one of your course, and we’ll focus on giving you the skills you need that potential employers are looking for.
You’ll be taught by senior journalists from some of the UK’s most prestigious newsrooms and produce stories that help you achieve top marks in your NCTJ exams — not to mention gaining the best start to your journalism career.
- 18-week programme of study at our London HQ
- 15th August 2022 - 21st December 2022
61 Queen Street, London, EC4R 1AE
£5,298 for the full course
Find out more
- Course outline
- Part-time option
- Sports journalism course
- Digital Features and Longform journalism course