A new specialism offer from PA Training, enabling you to focus on this dynamic style of reporting. You’ll spend one day a week learning about style and structure from magazine and features experts. You’ll develop your interviewing skills, find your voice, and learn how to write a balanced feature that really engages a reader.
You’ll be given opportunities to put your learning into practice and will be encouraged to pitch your pieces of compelling, longer-form journalism to editors for publication.
All our courses are accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ).
If you’re interested in this type of journalism, apply now.
Who the course is for
- Anyone interested in starting a career in journalism
- Recent college or university leavers
We also work with companies who wish to invest in their teams to improve their journalism skills.
- Develop the skills for good storytelling
- Understand the code that guides journalists
- Learn the essential basics of media law and court reporting
- Learn the skills for creating excellent digital content
- Improve understanding of public affairs
- Learn how to write up to 100 words a minute
Once you have completed this course you’ll be ready for the world of journalism. We’ll support you with finding a job and you’ll be able to join our alumni network to build connections with other PA Training graduates.
Why choose PA Training
We provide the best start to your career with our industry-leading journalism training. Training with the UK and Ireland’s national press agency means that you’ll be treated like a journalist from day one of your course, and we’ll focus on giving you all the skills you need.
You’ll be taught by senior journalists from some of the UK’s most prestigious newsrooms and produce stories that help you achieve top marks in your NCTJ exams — not to mention gaining the best start to your journalism career.
- 18-week programme of study at our London HQ plus 2 weeks off at Christmas
- 5th September 2022 - 1st February 2023
- The following course intake begins 20th February 2023
61 Queen Street, London, EC4R 1AE
£5,298 for the full course.
We also offer an award scheme providing a limited number of fully-funded places to support aspiring journalists from under-represented backgrounds. Find out more about the Future of Journalism Fellowship awards here.